Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whats in a song? A lot

Thanks to a Lieutenant I picked up on the very moving and deep words and meanings in the song by Linkin park- What Ive done. Incredible. THe video also gives real context- He seems to be talkign about our world, the state of it, environmental damage, war, injustice... and then reflecting on whose responsibility it all is... What IVE done.

In this farewell,
There?s no blood,
There?s no alibi.
?Cause I?ve drawn regret,
From the truth,
Of a thousand lies.

So let mercy come,
And wash away

I?ll face myself,
To cross out what I?ve become.
Erase myself,
And let go of what I?ve done.

Put to rest,
What you thought of me.
While I clean this slate,
With the hands,
Of uncertainty.

So let mercy come,
And wash away?

What I?ve Done.
I?ll face myself,
To cross out what I?ve become.
Erase myself,
And let go of what I?ve done.

For What I?ve Done

I'll start again,
And whatever pain may come.
Today this ends,
I?m forgiving what I?ve done.

I?ll face myself,
To cross out what I?ve become.
Erase myself,
And let go of what I?ve done.
What I?ve done.

No comments: